The Start-up BW Accelerators are an important pillar of start-up support in Baden-Württemberg, which has now been expanded by five more accelerators.
"The 13 Start-up BW Accelerators are an important pillar of start-up funding and successfully support the development of Baden-Württemberg start-ups. The funding pays off for the state. I am pleased that we can further expand this with five additional Start-up BW Accelerators and supplement them with additional industries and important topics such as artificial intelligence and innovative nutrition," said Minister of Economic Affairs Dr. Nicole Hoffmeister-Kraut. The start-ups supported since the start of state funding have been able to raise investments amounting to around 310 million euros. They create future-proof jobs and are an important element for the strength and success of the Baden-Württemberg economy inthe future. "With the funding of the Start-up BW Accelerators, we can continue to support start-ups with innovative technologies and business models from the very beginning," the minister emphasized.
The support covers the entire development process of young companies from business model development and validation to financing readiness. The accelerators are operated by consortia. By bundling the competencies of the individual partners, the start-ups can draw on the know-how and experience as well as the network within the consortium in numerous start-up relevant subject areas.
The offers of all accelerators apply nationwide and are not tied to a location.
The following accelerators will continue to be funded in the 2023 to 2024 funding period (the consortium leaders are listed in the overview):
- The 4C Accelerator (Tübingen) of Medical Innovations Incubator GmbH supports founding projects in the field of medical life sciences (Medical Devices, Diagnostics, Therapeutics, Digital Health).
- The Creative Energy Quantum Leap (Ulm) of TFU GmbH focuses on the topics of energy, energy conversion and storage, as well as quantum technology
- The ARISE - Start-up Accelerator for Deep Tech (Breisach) of BadenCampus GmbH & Co. KG focuses on Deep Tech and sustainability
- The AXEL energy accelerator of fokus.energie e.V. (Karlsruhe) supports start-ups with technologies and business models for the energy transition
- Cyberforum e.V. supports start-ups in the fields of IT, artificial intelligence, IT security and smart production with the Cyber Lab High Potential IT Accelerator (Karlsruhe)
- The IHK Reutlingen offers a range of space technology services with the ESA BIC (Reutlingen, Friedrichshafen)
- Fintogether (Stuttgart) is an offer by the Association of the Baden-Württemberg Stock Exchange e.V. and focuses on solutions for the financial industry
- The Life Science Accelerator (Mannheim/Heidelberg) of Technologiepark Heidelberg GmbH supports start-ups in the field of life sciences (biotechnology, medical technology, digital healthcare)
- The M.Tech Accelerator of bwcon GmbH is aimed at start-ups from the fields of Manufacturing, Engineering and Mobility as well as adjacent areas
- The New Sandbox (Stuttgart, WRS GmbH) is a Creative Tech Accelerator at the intersection of Media, Design, and Software with a focus on sustainability
- The SMART Green Accelerator (Freiburg) of FWTM GmbH & Co KG supports Green Tech Start-ups
- Stoff im Kopf (Reutlingen), under the responsibility of Süwesttextil - Association of the South West German Textile and Clothing Industry e.V., offers a range for the textile and fashion industry
- Up2B (Walldorf/Heidelberg/Mannheim) is an offer by Technologiepark Heidelberg GmbH and supports start-ups with B2B business models from the field of Industrial Tech
The following accelerators are new in the 2023 to 2024 funding period:
- The AI Accelerator of the Campus Founders supports start-ups with founding projects in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Heilbronn
- The Software Centre Böblingen/Sindelfingen offers a programme for start-ups in the field of artificial intelligence with the AI xpress Accelerator (Böblingen)
- The Groundbreakers Accelerator of WiTech GmbH at HFT Stuttgart focuses on the construction and real estate industry
- The state capital Stuttgart addresses innovations in the food industry with the Foodbrycke (Stuttgart)
- move+ (Friedrichshafen) from ZF Friedrichshafen AG supports start-ups for connected, intelligent and sustainable mobility in the field of tension between energy and mobility
More information can be found here on the website of the state of Baden-Württemberg.