The innovative funding format, which was developed by the Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts in Baden-Württemberg, is aimed directly at the needs of small and medium-sized enterprises. It offers more speed for the implementation of innovative ideas and at the same time links this with a more efficient use of funds - because from the end of the application period on September 17 to the hackathon on October 19 to the funding commitment on November 11, 2021, just two months pass. The search is on for exploratory lightweight construction innovations that can be funded through precompetitive research.
You can find out everything you need to know about the " Leichtbau Innovation Challenge" and how you can take part in it in the attached flyer or online at www.leichtbau-bw.de/challenge (German).
At a glance – Leichtbau Innovation Challenge
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and startups can tender for a challenge. There is no explicit restriction on company size based on employee or sales figures. Preference will be given to small companies. Baden-Württemberg universities participate as research partners.
Pre-competitive or exploratory innovation projects in the field of lightweight construction. Criteria: Based in Baden-Württemberg, exploration and originality, precompetitiveness and future viability.
- 17.09.2021–12:00: End of submission deadline for SMEs
- 08.10.2021–12:00: End of application period for universities
- 19.10.2021–09:00: Hackathon
- 02.11.2021–12:00: Deadline for consortia submissions
- 10.11.2021–12:00: Submission of final binding offer in "offline" bidding procedure
- 11.11.2021–12:00: Announcement of the individual grants
- 01.12.2021: Project start